Midwest Match Play Championship
Sponsored by PBI-Gordon
Join MAGCS for our season long golf event: Individuals will compete against each other at mutually agreed time and course and one will be crowned Midwest Match Play Champion.
Registration is $50 per person
- Deadline to register is May 27, 2020
- Brackets will be determined the end of May.
- Participants must have current HDCP and will be used to create brackets, and determine play. Rules are simple: play your match by specified date and submit winner to MAGCS; winners advance, losers don't. If pair is not able to complete match within given timeframe - a coin toss will be used to pick winner (and loser).
- If you don't have a current verifiable HDCP, please sign up for one by contacting Luke Cella, it is included with your MAGCS membership at no additional cost. If you have 5 scores to post from last year, it'll be enough to get you started.
- We've created a losers bracket, so we'll double the fun - even if you lose, you'll still get to play.
- All decisions of golf committee are final.
Other facts about the event:
The format for the golf is Match Play using verifiable handicaps. Once the first round of the bracket is filled in, competitions will take place at an agreed upon mutual time and place determined by those competing against each other. The winner advances, the loser will go into another bracket.
The number of entries will determine the number of rounds that the ultimate champion will play. For example, if there are 128 registrants in the first round, only 64 will make it to the second round, 32 to the third, 16 to the fourth, 8 to the fifth round, 4 to the sixth round, and the remaining two will play for the championship in the 7th and final round. (Think NCAA Basketball Tournament).
Once you learn who you are playing, you’ll have a few weeks to complete your match. You can play at any course that you agree upon with your competitor, as well as the number of holes (either 9-hole or 18 hole match), letting MAGCS know who wins and moves on to the next round. In the event that you are not able to play your match by the round deadline, a winner will be drawn to advance to the next round.
By summers end, we’ll have a MAGCS Match Play Champion. It could be you. Sign up today!